Crystal healing therapy is a form of alternative healing that uses crystals and gemstones to encourage the flow of energy and healing.
One of the best crystals for healing anxiety is the Rose Quartz. This beautiful pink translucent stone radiates unconditional love and can truly help to heal the heart.
This stone has a real calming energy that helps to relieve you from stress and worry. It sounds a bit ridiculous that a stone can help to make you feel cared for, but I urge you to try it before you knock it.
As much as I’d love to scream and shout about how amazing crystal healing can be, sadly, I’m not here to tell you about how crystals banished all of my fears, worries and of course, my relentless anxiety. However, I am here to let you know that in those moments, I often reach out for my crystals and so I thought I’d share in case they can help you too!
My crystals aren’t powerful enough for me to come away from my 200mg’s of Sertraline – so I strongly suggest you continue doing whatever your doctors/psychiatrists and so on, suggest – no matter how tempting it may be to get all Stevie Nicks and throw away all your meds, put down the shawl. It’s super important you don’t replace your medication for crystal therapy. This is not what this blog post is about.
The point is, Crystals really can help. And they do, for so many people. They are a great source of positive energy for you to tap into, wherever you are. Holding rose quartz has often been described as getting a warm hug from the Earth Mother – and who doesn’t want a bit of that?
So, let’s talk through some of the benefits and how to use and cleanse your stone –
Rose Quartz: Semi-precious
Used for: Opening and healing the heart, relieving anxiety
What’s it good for?
- Aiding healthy sleep patterns and alleviating physical ills associated with heart chakra imbalance
- Calming one’s emotions
- Dispelling negativity
- Promoting inner peace
How do I use it?
- You can sleep with this stone under your pillow to promote healthy sleep, this is especially good for those who suffer from anxiety-related insomnia
- You can lay with the stone directly on your heart whilst you breathe in calm feelings
- Visualisation; close your eyes, hold the stone over your heart and visualise your body covered in a pink glow, this can help balance and energize the heart chakra dispelling anxiety in a matter of minutes
- You can sleep with it placed in your hands
- Foster friendships by giving rose quartz to those you love and care about, gifting a rose quartz is a sign of mutual respect.
- For the friend who has been looking for love in all the wrong places. As a stone of unconditional love, it not only increases a love for self but opens up the heart to invite love.
Where can I use my Crystals?
- Take your crystal(s) wherever you go, you can pop them in your handbag or even your bra
- Outfit your office as well as your home – use stones to promote clarity and focus in your office area and others to promote peace and tranquillity when you are home and needing to relax
How to cleanse Rose Quartz:
It’s important you cleanse your crystals before using them in any healing activities as you need to ensure you remove any negative energies.
Using Water to Cleanse:
You can leave you Rose Quartz in the rain and cleanse it naturally or simply use the water from your tap. I like to use warm salt water to bathe my Rose Quartz. Avoid metal vessels if you want to soak your quartz in a bowl, you can leave your stone to soak for up to three days in regular water but if it’s salted, only leave it overnight.
With any of the above methods, make sure you visualise the negative energies being soaked out of the crystal and into the water.
Using Smoke to Cleanse:
If I don’t use the overnight salt water method, I like to use sage smudge sticks. Sandalwood or Cedar incense sticks can also be good (cost effective) alternatives to sage smudging too.
Find a quiet space in your room, somewhere suitable for meditating or an area you’ve created to use your healing crystals. Gather your incense or smudge stick and your Rose Quartz. Light either and holding the stone in one hand, allow the smoke to rise up and gather around your stone. As a general rule of the thumb, when the smoke starts to stick to the stone and freely pass around it – your stone is now clean.
Overall, this stone embodies the vibration of love, which in effect, is the opposite of fear. It’s a great stone to start with if you are curious about trying out this type of healing for your anxiety. It’s a beautiful stone for balance and can really assist any experiences of chaos, emotional drama or confrontation. Expect for this stone to support and comfort your Heart Chakra and I really hope it can work as well for you, as it has for me.
If you would like to contribute spiritual or wellness focused content to the Holistic & Mystic Blog, please email your article to email@example.com